Homer Simpson's Haiku

A haiku is a specialized Japanese three-lined poem consisting of a five syllable line, followed by one that is seven syllables and then a second five syllable line).

I've done quite few of them on Godzilla, which if you search this blog, you will see them and get a good snicker.

Anyhow I recently heard this haiku on TV from the brain cell (singular) of one Mister Homer Jay Simpson.

In the March 18, 2012 episode The Simpsons, Homer has apparently promised his daughter Lisa that he would help her create a haiku for class.

Because he is completely sober for the first time since he was a teenager, Homer is flabbergasted. Upon hearing that he promised to do something wholly unlike himself, Homer says out loud:

Why did I do that?
It sounds so dull and boring.
What was I thinking?

Very good, Homer. 5-7-5 syllables!

I think we've all had days like that... much like coming up with a blog built around a bastardization of a classic Jimmy Stewart movie. D'oh, my little Zuzu's petals! 


My personal favorite haiku d'jour is:

Haiku are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

And just for laughs... I found this image on-line... check out the post mark. Yup. Where I currently live. And no, it's not my image.That's the Great Wave Off Kanegawa, originally drawn by Hokusai, the master ukiyo-e artist for his seminal 36 View Of Mt. Fuji series.

Cheers!
Andrew Joseph

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Blog Archive