Miss Universe - Updated


Kojima Akiko - Japan, Miss Universe 1959
Submitted for your approval... Japan and the Miss Universe pageant.

First off... if you are looking for information on Miss Universe Japan 2012, visit HERE - she was elected on April 1, 2012, and, in this bloggers opinion is hot-hot-hot!.

As well, I have recently updated this particular blog on May 25, 2012 with active links to write ups on the contestants between 2006-2011, with my research on everything you need to know - each has more great photos and lots of interesting facts! See just after each photo down below in this blog for those links.

Now... Some of you readers might have noticed that I like women. A lot. That's good. You have been paying attention. For the rest of you... let me bring you up to speed: I like women. A lot. There... now you are up to speed.

As such, I have been wondering for quite some time just who some of Japan's most beautiful women are.

The whole thing about beauty, of course is that it is subjective. It is indeed in the eye of the beholder.

I mean, when I was in Japan, my dream was to marry a Japanese redhead with big boobs. An impossible goal, but it really did always make for what I thought was a funny joke. I could always find two out of three...

Stupidity aside, rather than subject you to hundreds, if not thousands of photos of Japanese redheads with a large chest, let's look at some global opinions.

I didn't know who to ask, so I instead examined the Miss Universe pageant... and did a look back to 1990... when I first set foot down on the melting tarmac of Narita Airport in Japan.

From now on all names seen here will be written in Japanese-style - surname first.

Some background:
The Miss Universe contest was first started up in 1952 by the California, company Pacific Mills. Japan's Kojima Himeko was involved, but did not place.

Nowadays, some 600-million viewers tune in to see who will be crowned - and not all of the viewers are men.

Japan's Kojima Akiko was the 1959 Miss Universe. That's her in the photo up above. She was glorious, and probably still is, at age 76. You cane read more about her here: 1959

Japan did have one other Miss Universe winner in 2007, Miss Mori Riyo... and holy crap! Wowzers! Photo below.

No other Japanese woman has won the event - but that's not a knock against their beauty, brains and talent, of course. They are all fantastic.

I would like to tell you all that I actually slept with a Japanese representative of a Miss Universe contest, but that would be wrong. I would never kiss and tell. Or would I?

Before you check out these candid photos of the contestants, you are also invited to check out my blog showing off the national Japan costumes of these contestants: HERE

Here, without much further ado, are the lovely ladies representing Japan at the Miss Universe pageants from 1990 on:

1990

Miyoshi Hiroko - 49th after preliminary scores.

1991






Yamamoto Atsuko - 61st after preliminary scores.

1992 
No picture: Just the crowning of her as Miss Universe Japan: CROWN - at the 2:30 mark - in blue dress.
Ando Akiko - 59th after preliminary scores.




1993 
No Photo: Video of Parade of nations: 1:25 mark: PARADE


Shiki Yukiko - 52nd after preliminary scores.


1994



Kawahito Chiaki (left) Miss Canada Susanne Rothfoson on right. Chiaki  - 49th after preliminary scores.



1995 
No photo: but a Parade of Nations video... see 10:00 mark: JAPAN


Saeki Narumi - 53rd after preliminary scores.


1996 
No participant


1997 
No participant


1998


Okumura Nana - Couldn't find preliminary score - but out after 1st round.



1999


Ogawa Satomi - preliminary round and out.


2000

Endo Mayu - preliminary round and out.



2001



Arauchi Misao - preliminary round and out.



2002



Chiba Mina - preliminary round and out.



2003



Miyazaki Miyako - 4th runner-up.



2004



Machimoto Eri preliminary round and out.


2005



Kuzuya Yukari preliminary round and out.



2006





Chibana Kurara - 1st runner up and winner of best national costume 2nd Photo. Lots more information on her in my blog here: 2006



2007



Mori Riyo - Miss Universe. 
No kidding, eh! I need a towel.
Everything you wanted to know about this hot chick can be found in my blog about her here: 2007



2008



Mima Hiroko - top 15.
There was also a scandal involving Hiroko as Miss Japan, but she was INNOCENT.
Read MY blog HERE for the full story! 



2009


Miyasaka Emiri preliminary round and out.
Plus a news story on her scandalous costume: READ. Gorgeous! And so is the costume!
Here's my blog on her - the full story: HERE
 


2010



Itai Maiko preliminary round and out.
Read the full story on her HERE



2011



Kamiyama Maria


 I've written more about her here: 2011 , but she was out after the preliminary round.


The 2011 Japanese representative is named Maria? Holy crap! Could she be part of some gaijin invasion force begun 21 years earlier? Alas - not THIS gajin. Maria is 24-years-old... I only arrived in Japan 21 years ago. Whew! I think...


2012

Hara Ayako
 
Her participation in the 2012 Miss Universe pageant is still upcoming. This blog will do a feature on Ayako soon enough, and will present a real-time blog with the results of the pageant.


I'm predicting she will at the very least go past the preliminary round, but it depends on her national costume. Once that is finished being designed, I will post an update on a corresponding blog... but dammit - this woman is HOT!




 
For your entrainment purposes,  please read THIS blog about a conspiracy and the 2012 Miss Universe Japan pageant.
Compiled by Andrew Joseph
PS: What's the deal with no photographs on the Internet of Miss Universe Japan 1992, 1993 and 1995? And no participants in 1996 and 1997? Apparently Japan was upset that they never seemed to get a fair shake in the event, and stayed away until 1998 when Donald Trump purchased the pageant.
PPS: While it may indeed be true that I have "dated" Japanese women who could more than their own in the looks department against many a Miss Universe representative, they probably would never have won a pageant, as they lacked the type of talent judges are looking for. I, however, always enjoyed the talents each possessed.
PPPS: Yes... I did "sleep" with a Japanese representative of the Miss Universe contest... she was part of the entourage of one of the actual beauty queen's. That story will appear in a future blog. I still haven't written this one... I'll do that and post it sometime during the month of March 2012. Promise. Hmmm. I have already broken that promise... soon, my eager friends. Soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Blog Archive