Toronto JET 2012 Art Show


Under better late than never, I suppose, let me inform those of you in the Toronto area of the JET (Japan Exchange & Teaching) Programme art show that will showcase the Japan-inspired artwork of Canadian JET Alumni.

No... I am not participating, but I support the even wholeheartedly! I was a JET in Ohrawara-shi, Tochigi-ken, Japan between 1990-1993, and I pretty much enjoyed every minute of my time in that city!

The theme this year is "Friendship" and JET will have a variety of artwork on display for your viewing pleasure.

Proceeds from the event will be donated to the Japanese Canadian Cultural Centre Relief Fund in continuing support of our friends in Japan.

Last minute submissions? There's still time left! Contact them via e-mail at:  events@jetaatoronto.ca

Date: Saturday, April 14, 2012
Time: 7:30pm to midnight
Place: Goodfellas Gallery, 1266 Queen Street West, just off Noble Street. Parking and entrance located at the north end of the building.
Cost: JETAA Members: $5 / Non-JETAA: $7
Cost with 2 drinks!: JETAA members $12 / non-JETAA members $15
RSVP: events@jetaatoronto.ca

Dude in the photo above needs to tuck his shirt in. Tsk-tsk.

Cheers
Andrew Joseph

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Blog Archive