Devil's Chain Reaction

Here's a story from the February 29, 2012 National Post newspaper (Canada) that I read while having my fifth coffee yesterday. I don't drink coffee, but it's free at work... and dammitt, I'm tired... hell, I'm writing this at 1:15AM!

Anyhow, the story written by Peter Goodspeed describes how Japan feared something called the devil's chain reaction - basically, a worst case scenario of nuclear accidents. It also describes the actions of politicos and TEPCO's and how lucky the whole damn country was it didn't end up glowing like a gaijin (foreigner) getting laid for the first time in Japan.

Check it out. It's not an opinion piece, but is based on a 400-page report issued by a team of 30 investigators assembled by the Rebuild Japan Initiative Foundation.

INFERNO

Cheers
Andrew Joseph
PS: The photo above has absolutely nothing to do with the story... it's a devil's reaction to chains... it was the best I could do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Blog Archive