Origami Google Art

Hey! If you are on your computer or computer-like device today, you may have noticed the home page for Google's search engine.

It has an origami-inspired design to the letters. Why? It's to celebrate the 101st birthday of Yoshizawa Akira (surname first) who was born on March 14, 2011 and died March 14, 2005. I would imagine it would suck to die on your birthday, but hopefully he didn't notice.

Anyhow, Yoshizawa is considered to be the Buddha of origami, the Japanese art of paper folding. Back in 1989, he estimated he had created some 50,000 different models. That's pretty impressive considering I can barely fold a paper in half or even make a paper airplane.

You can read more about Yoshizawa at Wikipedia: HERE

Anyhow... the only origami I have is this lone crane earring (above) I wore once in Japan. When I saw it in a shop in Ohtawara, I thought it looked cool. It does, but that does not mean I would look cool wearing it. 

Cheers
Andrew Joseph

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Blog Archive